Wednesday 26 March 2014

Hollywood Inspired Barbie Knits

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching a classic movie on TCM and knitting. And sometimes the movie inspires the pattern. Maybe it's a great sweater on Bette Davis in "Now, Voyager". Or, simply every outfit on Doris Day in "Lover Come Back". I've been toying with some of these ideas for Barb, and thinking this might make another collection of patterns. We'll see, but for now here is a 1940's style bathing suit inspired by one on Betty Hutton in "The Fleet's In". Actually, my version is quite different as it lacks a keyhole opening in the front and the little skirt. But I like it anyway. I am going to try a version with a skirt just to see if it works.




Cotton Bathing Suit
Made with #10 cotton Crochet Thread and 2mm needle


No comments:

Post a Comment