Wednesday 6 March 2013

Knitting Abbreviations

Wow! A lot of people have downloaded my free patterns from Ravelry, so I thought I'd better get in gear and post the knitting abbreviations that support the patterns. Not that there is anything unusual or complicated about the pattern, but I know every little bit helps.

By the way, thanks for visiting my blog. I'd really like to encourage you to share your comments here, and on Ravelry, AND post your projects and pictures on Ravelry. I'd love to see them.


KNITTING ABBREVIATIONS

Approx: approximately

CC: contrasting colour

Cm: centimeter(s)

Cont: continue

Dec: decrease

Dpn: double pointed needle(s)

Inc: increase

K: knit

MC: main colour

M1: make one

P: purl

PM: place marker

Psso: pass slipped stitch over

RS: right side

SKP: slip one, knit 1, pass slipped stitch over.

Sl: slip stitch

St: stitch

Sts: stitches

Tbl: through back loop(s)

Tog: together

WS: wrong side

YB: yarn backward – bring yarn to back of work.

YF: yarn forward – bring yarn to front of work.

YO: yarn over needle to create a new stitch

( ): repeat directions inside brackets as many times as indicated.





No comments:

Post a Comment